A Stitch Fix Review - October 2016 - Fix #12

Saturday, October 1, 2016
I hope you all are doing well this fantastic, Fall season. Do you love Fall as much as I do? I sure love Fall! It is by far my favorite season. I love the changing colors of the landscape. I love the cooler weather. I love the shorter days. I love the sense of routine returning after a relaxing summer. I love the food. Most of all, though, I love the clothes. Fall is definitely my favorite season when it comes to fashion. That is probably why I got so excited opening my latest Fix, Fix #12! Not because my recent Fixes haven't been great, because they have been, but because I love Fall fashion! I was just so excited to see what Fall clothes I was lucky enough to try on and, hopefully, add to my wardrobe, which I must say has grown leaps and bounds for the better since joining Stitch Fix! Have you joined yet? I highly recommend it!

(If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my post here. Also, so you know, the Stitch Fix links in this post are linked to my personal referral code. I would love for you to use one of them, if you happen to give Stitch Fix a try. I would then receive a small amount of credit toward my next Fix. Guess what?! If you sign up, you too will receive a personal referral code and can earn credit as well!)

Kristin (Yay!) styled me again this month for Fix #12. Let's see what she had to say.

"Hello Jamie! It was so fun to see you take the plunge into distressed denim! Your intuition was right on point by pairing the Daniel Rainn blouse with the skinnies. Now it's time to bring on the Fall colors in Fix #12! I know Lila Ryan has worked well for you in the past and the rich mustard/camel color of these skinnies is right on trend for Fall 2016. This bold color will actually play well with a lot of the pieces already existing in your wardrobe. Your favorite Daniel Rainn blouse, the dotted chambray, or even your striped sweater by 41Hawthorn to name a few. Based on a couple of your recent pins, I also included the Market & Spruce Gretel Sweater Dress (to be worn as a tunic with leggings) and the Canby Knit Top that features those adorable elbow patches. I can't wait to see what looks you put together with these pieces! Enjoy! XO Kristin"

Kristin is amazing! She's styled my last six Fixes now and has done a fantastic job! She is obviously checking out my blog, listening to my requests, (I asked for skinnies in a Fall color and longer, casual tops that could be worn with leggings if I desired,) keeping track of what has already been sent and kept, staying on top of my Pinterest account and completely getting my style! I'm so grateful! Thank you Kristin!

Are you ready to see what I got? I hope so, because I am excited to show you what I got!

Liza Colored Skinny Jean by Lila Ryan ($98)
I was excited to see a pair of skinnies in a Fall color, just as I had requested, and in such a beautiful Fall color. I was also excited to see that these were by Lila Ryan. I love the colorful pair of skinnies by Lila Ryan I got in Fix #10. They are incredibly comfortable (Honestly, I haven't had a pair of jeans that have been uncomfortable come from Stitch Fix! I don't think I will ever walk into a store again to buy jeans.) and have held their color perfectly after multiple washings. I grabbed a pair of brown Oxfords from Target to pair with these. (I cuffed the jeans myself. They don't come cuffed.)
A perfect fit! And I love the color on as much as I did in the box! For pairings, I thought it would be fun to follow Kristin's advice and pair these skinnies with her suggestions. First, she suggested the Daniel Rainn top I recieved in Fix #10.
Pretty! Next, she suggested the chambray top I received in Fix #8.
Cute! Finally, she suggested the striped sweater I received in Fix #7. For this pairing, I switched out the brown Oxfords for gray, also from Target.
Fun! I would have never thought of this combination, but it is so much fun! Grateful for the suggestion!

These skinnies are a definite keeper! I love the fit and color so much. And I love that they pair well with so many things already in my closet. These are going to get a ton of use.

Verdict: Kept!

Gretel Sweater Dress by Market & Spruce ($88)
I was happy to see this sweater dress. I was immediately drawn to its style and color and was intrigued by the idea of pairing it with leggings, as Kristin suggested. I did just that, and paired it with black leggings from Fix #3 and black ballet flats from Famous Footwear.
I hated this on! First, the sweater dress...It was much too large for me. I felt like I was drowning in it. Couple that with its very thick knit and I just felt huge! Second, the pairing...I didn't love this paired with the leggings. I've seen this look on others and thought they looked great, but for me it wasn't working. It could have been simply because the sweater was too large. I decided to try a different pairing to see if I would like it more. I exchanged the leggings and flats for brown riding boots from Famous Footwear.
I liked this pairing more than the first, but didn't really care for it either. Perhaps fun tights would have been a good idea. Alone with the boots, so much of the light gray left me feeling very pale and washed out. This pairing just wasn't working working for me either. 

With the size of this sweater leaving me drowning and the knit leaving me feeling bulky and no pairings leaving me smiling, it was time to say goodbye.

Verdict: Returned

Cosimo Lace Up Tunic by Market & Spruce ($68)
Honestly, I wasn't even a little bit excited when I saw this top. It had some positive attributes. I liked the color, that it had sleeves and that it was long. But I hated the lace up detail. Now, no where in its Style Quiz does Stitch Fix ask about lace up details, so Kristin couldn't have known I hated this kind of detail. I don't fault her in any way for sending me this top. Part of the experience with Stitch Fix is trying different styles, eventually learning more about and fine-tuning your personal style, both for yourself and for your stylist. This top did just that. I had a difficult time styling this top. With its tunic length, it would work well with leggings, but I only own a black pair, which I didn't think it would work well with. I didn't think it would work well with my denim skinnies either. All too similar in color with this top. I eventually paired this top with the mustard skinnies from above and the brown Oxfords.
I may have set this top up for failure from the very beginning by hating it simply for its lace up detail, but truthfully, even on, I wasn't feeling any love. Besides the lace up detail, I wasn't liking its fabric or its shape. It just didn't do anything for me.

Verdict: Returned 

Jayda Pullover Sweater by Market & Spruce ($64)
Love was the first thing I felt when I saw this sweater. It looked perfect for me! From its color to its style to its details to its length, I was feeling love. To justify buying another sweater, (I may have a sweater addiction,) I wanted to see if I could style it more than one way, so I did just that. I first paired it with the black leggings and ballet flats.
 Pretty! I then paired it with skinnies from Fix #7 and the brown riding boots.
Cute! Finally, I paired it with distressed skinnies from Fix #11 and the gray Oxfords.
This may be my favorite pairing. I am loving these distressed skinnies!

I am so, so, so glad (Seriously!) I loved this sweater on. I loved it so much in the box, that I was worried it wouldn't live up to expectations on, but it did! The color is beautiful. The detailing makes it unique. Its fit is perfect, giving me a nice shape, while still leaving me room to breathe. Overall, I love it femininity. I can't wait to wear this!

Verdict: Kept!

Canby Faux Suede Elbow Patch Knit Top by Market & Spruce ($54)
Love, again, was the first thing I felt when I saw this top. Stripes and elbow patches! Yes, please! It also looked so comfortable. I couldn't wait to try it on. I paired it first with the mustard skinnies from above and the brown Oxfords.
So cute! I then paired it with skinnies from The Loft.
Love! This is me!

Verdict: Kept! 

So, what do you think? I love hearing. Did you love this Fix as much as I did?! Yes, there were a couple misses, but the three pieces I kept I absolutely love and are so me! How awesome is that?! The only downfall to this Fix is it was a little pricey! I am not positive, but I think this was my most expensive Fix. I may ask for a more budget-friendly Fix next time. We'll see! That's it for now. See you next month for another Fix. Cross your fingers that my new blog will be up and running by then! Exciting things are coming!

Cost breakdown, if I had kept everything:

Total: $372
Buy 5 Discount*: -$93
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Grand Total: $259

*You must purchase all 5 items to receive a 25% discount.

My cost, since I only kept 3 items:

Total: $216
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Grand Total: $196

If you missed any of my previous Fixes, check them out now!

Fix #1
Fix #2
Fix #3
Fix #4
Fix #5
Fix #6
Fix #7
Fix #8
Fix #9
Fix #10
Fix #11

Finally...If you love reading Stitch Fix reviews as much as I do, check out A Stitch Fix Link-Up, hosted by Crazy Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment