A Stitch Fix Review - January 2016 - Fix #3

Friday, January 1, 2016
It feels like I was just anxiously awaiting my first Fix! Now, here I am, reviewing my third Fix! I can't believe it. Three Fixes! Crazy! I am still loving Stitch Fix. It has been such a happy addition to my life. Besides making my heart happy, it has also made my closet happy. I don't shop all that often for myself. Mostly, because I hate shopping! Mark's side of the closet is seriously fuller than mine. I'm not sure many girls can say that. Maybe, with the help of Stitch Fix, I can remedy that problem.

(If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my post here.)

Now, I know I said this last time, but this Fix not only lived up to the first two, it possibly even surpassed them! It was a good Fix! In all honesty, though, when I first opened this month's box, I thought it might be my worst Fix. Truly. You'll see why soon. Okay! Enough talk. Let's see what I got!

Always, the anticipation!
As usual, the first thing I found was a note from my Stylist, Brandi. Let's see what she had to say.

"Happy New Year Jamie! It's great to be styling you again. I am so glad to hear you were happy with your last Fix. Let's continue to build on that so that you can start out with a stylish 2016. Since you requested black skinnies, I sent you the Liverpool skinnies. If you liked the Adorra skinnies, I think you'll love these! I love them because they are great for every day or can be dressed up. Start by wearing them with the super cute and colorful Skies are Blue blouse. These colors are great for the winter months and so on-trend! I sent you the Loveappella cardigan to wear over the blouse. I know you wanted to see another dress, but I didn't have one long enough. But, I actualy think the Brixon Ivy skirt can't be beat and I noticed you had some fun printed skirts on your Pinterest board. Style with the Market & Spruce sweater. Enjoy!!
-Brandi"

As you can see, I had a few requests for this Fix. I was in need of black skinnies and sweaters for winter and I was hoping to try another dress. I love, love, love that Brandi is listening to me! And I love that she is still checking my Pinterest board, because I am making sure to update it between each Fix. It really is a great way to communicate with my stylist. Okay. I think it's finally time for the clothes!

Anita Skinny Pant by Liverpool ($78)
The first item I pulled out were these black skinnies. I was so excited to see these after specifically asking for them. And I was hopeful they would fit after my last two pairs of pants from Stitch Fix fit so well. I quickly tried them on. They fit! And they were, again, so comfortalbe. Three for three! Great job Stitch Fix. I don't know what magical powers you have in the pants department, but I love it. Perhaps, I've just never invested like I need to in pants. I am willing to, if it means I don't have to try on a million pairs for a great fit.
I really was so excited to see these skinnies. I have a lot of pretty blouses that I don't wear very often, because they are just a little too fancy to wear with denim. They look beautiful with these black skinnies though, so I am thinking they are going to be worn a whole lot more. I first paired the black skinnies with a floral top, a black cardigan from Target and black flats from Famous Footwear. 
Cute! I then paired them with a cream layering tee from Down East, a cream and black lace top from Down East and the black flats. 
Cute again! Love!

Verdict: Kept!

Davies Crew Neck Blouse by Skies are Blue ($48)
The next item I pulled out was this blouse. As I said above, when I first opened this month's box, I thought it might be my worst Fix. This blouse was partly why. I wasn't sure what to think about this blouse. I mean, it is typical of blouses I like to wear style-wise, but the plaid and unusual colors threw me. I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it. It was definitely different. Well, I did what you are advised to do and tried it on despite my reservations. I first paired it with dark skinnies from Stitch Fix (Fix #2) and nude flats from Target. 
Beginning to love it! I wondered what it would look like with booties from Famous Footwear.
Cute! I wondered what it would look like with the cuffs rolled.
 
Cute again! Really loving it  I finally paired it with a denim skirt from Van Heusen and brown riding boots from Famous Footwear. 
It's official! I love it!

Verdict: Kept!

Dari Cowl Neck Pullover Sweater by Market & Spruce ($68)
The next item I pulled out was this sweater. I was excited to see this sweater. It looked perfect for me. Navy blue with a light and cute knit. Longer than usual...I always love a little backside coverage. Don't we all?! And I was excited to see a cowl neck. I don't have any cowl neck tops and was excited to try one. So, I tried it on. First thing I noticed...A hole. Bummer. Not sure how that got past quality control. Well, I tried to look past the hole, to see how I actually liked the sweater. It was cute! But I wasn't sure if it was cute enough on me to spend $68. With those thoughts, I decided to skip trying to exchange it and just sent it back.

Verdict: Returned

Neko Open Drape Cardigan by Loveappella ($68)
The next item I pulled out was this cardigan. This was the second piece that had me questioning this box. It was by no means love at first sight. The color turned me off immediately. I tried it on anyway. Nope! Still didn't like it. Actually, I really didn't like it. I had never tried an open drape cardigan before. They always look cute on others, but I didn't like it on me. Maybe it was just this one, with its color. Maybe I would like another one. I'm not sure. This one was a no for me though. 

Verdict: Returned

Alyssa Printed Pencil Skirt by Brixon Ivy ($64)
The final item I pulled out was this skirt. This final piece had me truly questioning my box. Um, wow! That is quite the print! And sitting next to the plaid blouse above...Well, let me just say, the result wasn't good. I didn't cry when I saw this skirt, but I did think, "Well, Stitch Fix, we've had a nice run, but this skirt! What was my stylist thinking?!" It reminded me of the wallpaper in our house growing up, but instead of cream it was bright blue and yellow. I almost didn't try it on, because I just knew it was going back. But, I did. I paired it with a navy blue layering tee from Down East, a navy blue cardigan from Target and black Mary Jane heals.
After trying it on, I kind of fell in love with it! Am I crazy? 
I do though. I love it! And when I modeled it for Mark, he loved it too. In fact, it was his favorite piece from the entire Fix! 

Verdict: Kept!

Cost breakdown if I had purchased everything:

Total: $326
Buy 5 Discount*: -$81.50
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Credit: -$5
Grand Total: $219.50

*You must purchase all 5 items to receive a 25% discount.

My cost, since I only kept 3 items:

Total: $190
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Credit: -$5
Grand Total: $165

Oh, this was a fun Fix! It went from being what I thought might be my worst Fix, to possibly being my favorite Fix. Lesson learned...Try everything on! No matter what! What did you think? Did you have a favorite peice? I'd love to hear!

If you missed my first two Fixes, check them out now!

Fix #1
Fix #2

So you know...The Stitch Fix links in this post are linked to my personal referral code. I would love for you to use one of them, if you happen to try out Stitch Fix. I would then receive a small amount of credit toward my next Fix. Guess what?! If you sign up, you too will recieve a personal referral code and can earn credit as well!

Finally...If you love reading Stitch Fix reviews as much as I do, check out A Stitch Fix Link-Up, hosted by Crazy Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment