A Stitch Fix Review - March 2016 - Fix #5

Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Fix # 5 is here and it is a good one! Compared to Fix #4, this Fix felt so much more like me. I'm so grateful. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous for Fix #5 after Fix #4.

Well, I'm ready to jump right in! How about you?!

(If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my post here. Also, so you know, the Stitch Fix links in this post are linked to my personal referral code. I would love for you to use one of them, if you happen to give Stitch Fix a try. I would then receive a small amount of credit toward my next Fix. Guess what?! If you sign up, you too will receive a personal referral code and can earn credit as well!)

This month I asked for dark wash denim skinnies, colorful skinnies and pretty spring tops. Here's what Brandi, my personal stylist, had to say.

"Hi there, Jamie! Sorry I missed the mark with your last Fix. I tried pieces for you that may have moved you out of your comfort zone. Back to safety for Fix #5. Unfortunately, the pieces you pinned on Pinterest must be popular, because I wasn't able to find them in inventory. However, the pieces I did send resemble outfits you had pinned on Pinterest. For example, I didn't have colored skinnies to send you, but I did have the vibrant blue Kut From The Kloth cropped pants which are perfect for spring! Style with the Skies are Blue printed keyhole blouse in a fun spring print. I recommend front tucking in, adding a belt and layering on the white Liverpool jacket. Nothing says spring like a white jacket! For a super preppy but more casual look, wear the Loveappella striped button top instead with the dark was DL 1961 skinnies. Enjoy -Brandi"

Brandi is always sweet, even after missing the mark last Fix. Now, let's really jump in!

Moscow Skinny Jean by DL 1961 ($168)
Wow! Did you notice the price of these?! I gasped when I saw that they cost $168. Before Stitch Fix, I had never spent over $50 on a pair of jeans. All the jeans I've purchased so far from Stitch Fix have been between $90-$100. That has been a stretch for me. $168 is a an even bigger stretch! Well, I was actually pretty excited to see these after specifically requesting them and quickly pulled them out of the box and tried them on. (This was, of course, before I saw the price! I always intentionally try everything on before looking at prices, because I can be so easily swayed when it comes to prices, both ways!) I quickly styled these jeans with a simple gray tee from Target and black flats from Famous Footwear. 
Like all jeans I've received from Stitch Fix, these fit great! I love the dark wash and, even though they are pooling around the ankles a bit, I love the length. These could easily be tucked under or rolled, depending on the look I wanted. So, what's the verdict on these great, but pricey, jeans?

Verdict: Returned

I just couldn't do it. I couldn't spend $168 on jeans. I did like them though. 

Elroy Angled Button Knit Top by Loveappella ($54)
I smiled when I pulled this top out of the box next. It is so me! I styled this top with denim skinnies from Fix #2 and white Converse. 
This top is classic in every sense, but has the little button detail giving it a little something extra, which I love! I also love how it fit a little loose and the length is awesome.

Verdict: Returned

If I didn't have a shirt almost identical to this in my closet, I would have kept it! Wish mine had the cute button detail though. 

Siena Cropped Pant by Kut From The Kloth ($58)
I was so excited to pull these out of the box next. I love cropped pants and the color of these is beautiful! I styled these pants first with a simple white tee from Target and black sandals from Kohls. 
I then styled these pants with a floral blouse from Kohls and silver sandals from Target. 
I really like these pants. On top of the color and the fact that they are cropped, I like the fit and the weight of the fabric. These will take me through spring and into summer. 

Verdict: Kept!

Bowood Keyhold Detail Blouse by Skies are Blue ($48)
When I pulled this blouse out next, I thought it had potential, but I wasn't in love. The style is spot on, but the print was just okay and the mix of black and blue sort of through me. I styled this blouse first with the blue cropped pants like my stylist suggested, along with the black sandals and a black cardigan from Target. 
This outfit had me liking this blouse a little more. Seeing the keyhold detail on though is what pushed that like to love. I decided to style it a little further, this time keeping the cardigan but adding a black pencil skirt from Kohls.
Of all the pieces in my Fix, this blouse surprised me the most. I didn't love it in the box, but I loved it on!

Verdict: Kept

Kolton Denim Jacket by Liverpool ($88)
The final item I pulled out was this white denim jacket. I wear my blue denim jacket all the time, but had never considered trying a white denim jacket. I first styled it with the blue cropped pants, floral blouse and silver sandals. 
 Kind of cute! I then styled it with a maxi dress from Costco and the silver sandals.
This jacket fits really well and is so comfortable. It is quite structured, yet it is made out of a soft denim that had quite a bit of stretch. Despite all this, however, I don't love this jacket on me. I think it photographs better than it looks in real life. 

Verdict: Returned

Overall, I had a lot fun with this Fix. Like I said above, it felt so much more like me. Now, to patiently, (or not so patiently,) wait for Fix #6! What did you think? Any pieces you loved? I'd love to hear! 

Cost breakdown, if I had purchased everything:

Total: $416
Buy 5 Discount*: -$104
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Credit: -$10
Grand Total: $282

*You must purchase all five items to receive a 25% discount. 

My cost, since I only kept 2 items:

Total: $106
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Credit:-$10
Grand Total: $76

If you missed any of my previous Fixes, check them out now!

Fix #1
Fix #2
Fix #3
Fix #4

Finally...If you love reading Stitch Fix reviews as much as I do, check out A Stitch Fix Link-Up, hosted by Crazy Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment