A Stitch Fix Review - May 2016 - Fix #7

Sunday, May 1, 2016
I'm excited to share Fix #7 with you today. It's a fun one! If you were here last month, you may remember that I wasn't too happy with my last Fix. To be honest, I wasn't too happy with my last three Fixes. After signing up with Stitch Fix and receiving three amazing Fixes, to get three misses was disappointing. Well, I emailed customer service and their response was impressive. They apologized for the misses, offered to waive my next styling fee and asked a lot of detailed questions about my personal style in hopes of getting my Fixes back on track. I was so grateful. I really do love Stitch Fix and want to continue doing business with them, but I can't afford to do so if I keep sending back everything they send, losing my styling fee every month. I took them up on their offer, answered all of their detailed questions and scheduled my next Fix, Fix #7. I am so glad I did. Fix #7 is good!

(If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my post here. Also, so you know, the Stitch Fix links in this post are linked to my personal referral code. I would love for you to use one of them, if you happen to give Stitch Fix a try. I would then receive a small amount of credit toward my next Fix. Guess what?! If you sign up, you too will receive a personal referral code and can earn credit as well!)

I had a new stylist, Kristin, for Fix #7. Here's what she had to say!

"Hi Jamie! Welcome back for Fix #7! It was such a pleasure styling for you and thank you for the great feedback and requests! I thought I could start you off with a pair of skinnies by Just Black. This brand has worked well for you in the past and this pair has a great high rise and dark wash. I was loving the styles you had pinned and they definitely inspired this lightweight striped sweater by 41Hawthorn. The Mavi Jora Collared Cotton Top could potentially layer under the sweater but will also be great on its own with the dark wash skinnies. I know you love a neutral colored top with details and the Skies are Blue Darrel Embroidery Detail Top really seems to fit the bill perfectly. How is it lengthwise? Finally, with spring weather here, I included a lightweight cargo jacket by Coffeeshop in a neutral navy. Enjoy! XO Kristin"

Now, let's see what she sent!

Autumn Skinny Jean from Just Black ($78)
I was happy to see another pair of dark wash denim skinnies from Just Black. I love the pair I received in Fix #2. I may love these even more! They are almost identical, (there are a few small differences,) but these are high-rise! High-rise jeans make me happy. I immediately pulled them on, cuffed them and paired them with sandals I recently bought from Rack Room Shoes.
Cute! I love that the rolled cuffs match the jeans themselves. Sometimes I want the the contrast when cuffing, but sometimes I don't. I knew I would want to pair these with my brown riding boots from Famous Footwear in the fall, so I pulled those out to see how they looked. 
Love! Just Black jeans are becoming a favorite of mine!

Verdict: Kept!

Jora Collared Cotton Top from Mavi ($68)
I was excited when I pulled out this cotton top. It looked like me! It also looked like it would be light enough to take me from spring into summer. It is a little sheer, so I paired it with a white layering tee from Downeast along with the new skinnies and sandals.
Honestly, my first thought was, "Meh."  Yet, Mark really liked it. I wondered if he was seeing something I wasn't. Well, after seeing the photos of myself in it, I could see what he saw and really liked it too. I decided I wanted a third opinion though, so I asked my sister. (She's always so helpful! Has been since Fix #1!) She said she loved it! That decided it for me!

Verdict: Kept!

Darrel Roll Top Embroidery Detail Knit Top from Skies are Blue ($58)
Sadly, I was not excited when I pulled out this top. I appreciated the neutral color and that it had detailing, but I didn't love the actual detailing. I still tried it on though! I paired it with the new skinnies and sandals.
Nope! Still don't like it. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but it is just not me. 

Verdict: Kept, just to receive the 25% discount! Kind of just ruined the element of surprise, but stick around. I promise, the next two pieces are worth it!

Lizzy Colorblock Striped Sweater from 41 Hawthorn ($68)
This sweater was love at first sight! As long as it looked good on, I knew I would be keeping it. I paired it with the new skinnies and my brown riding boots.
Love! I just wish this sweater had been sent to me earlier! Spring in Virginia comes early and leans toward the warm side. I am not sure I will get to wear this sweater much between now and next September, but I know I will wear it a ton in the upcoming fall and winter. In the meantime, I have my eye on a day this week that won't be making it out of the 60's. I think this sweater will make its first appearance then, paired with the new skinnies and my white Converse. 
So cute!

Verdict: Kept!

Arue Elbow Patch Cargo Jacket from Coffeeshop ($88)
I hadn't been expecting a jacket, so I was surprised to see this jacket in my Fix. But it was a nice surprise. This jacket looked right up my alley. It had a lot of fun details, including elbow patches! I love elbow patches!
There are so many things I love about this jacket. It is just too cute!

Verdict: Kept!

Cost breakdown:

Total: $360
Buy 5 Discount*: -$90
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Grand Total: $250

*You must purchase all 5 items to receive a 25% discount.

So, what did you think? I truly love to hear. I personally loved this Fix, if you couldn't tell. This Fix felt like a breath of fresh air after my last three. It's good to be in love again.Now, how will Fix #8 play out? I can't wait!

If you missed any of my previous Fixes, check them out now!

Fix #1
Fix #2
Fix #3
Fix #4
Fix #5
Fix #6

Finally...If you love reading Stitch Fix reviews as much as I do, check out A Stitch Fix Link-Up, hosted by Crazy Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment