A Stitch Fix Review - September 2016 - Fix #11

Thursday, September 1, 2016
Fix #11 is here and it is a good one! I enjoyed this Fix a lot. I think you will too!

(If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my post here. Also, so you know, the Stitch Fix links in this post are linked to my personal referral code. I would love for you to use one of them, if you happen to give Stitch Fix a try. I would then receive a small amount of credit toward my next Fix. Guess what?! If you sign up, you too will receive a personal referral code and can earn credit as well!)

Kristin styled me again this month for Fix #11. Let's see what she had to say.

"Hi Jamie! It's Fix day! Are you excited to dig into the picks! I totally agree with you on pairing that gorgeous Daniel Rainn top with the distressed skinnies! (You look AMAZING in that top by the way!) I kept to a very modest amount of distressing with the Pistola Skinny Jean. What do you think of the wash and zipper detail on these? They will also look adorable with each of the tops in this Fix. Knowing you have an affinity toward crochet detailing, I couldn't resist sending the Market & Spruce Top. It has a nice sleeve length for you and the cotton blend fabric will keep you cool for the remainder of summer. I saw you enjoyed the color block detail of the tank last round, and thought the Gilli Maxi really let that feature shine. A denim jacket won't even cover it up! Anything on your fall wishlist? Let me know! xo Kristin"

If you've been following my Stitch Fix reviews, you'll have noticed right away that Kristin is paying attention to my feedback and requests. I love that! Now, let's see what Kristin sent!

Carla Crochet Detail Blouse by 41Hawthorn ($58)
The color of this top is beautiful, as is the top itself. I really like the crochet detailing. I styled this top two ways. First, with jeans. Second, with a pencil skirt and cardigan. I preferred the second styling better. The top alone with jeans just didn't work for me. The top felt a little too dressy to wear with jeans. It also looked a little boxy on its own and I would have preferred more of a sleeve on it. The top with a pencil skirt and cardigan was a much better look and would have been perfect for church. However, since I wasn't in love with the top, and I am not in need of any clothes for church right now, it is going back. 

Verdict: Returned

Hans Crochet Front Top by Market & Spruce ($58)
This top is cute! All lace with a zipper in the back. It is also very comfortable, as it has quite a bit of stretch to it. I styled this top simply with jeans. Sadly, I didn't love this top on. I was so disappointed. It seemed to have so much potential. I think if it hadn't been black and the style had been just a little more like the lace top (Pinol Lace Overlay Blouse by Brixon Ivy) I received in Fix # 8, I would have loved it. It too is going back. 

Verdict: Returned

Chavez Pop Color Cuff Knit Top by Colette ($54)
I am a huge sucker for stripes. I can't help it! Add colorful cuffs, a longer length and soft fabric...Perfection! I styled this top simply with jeans. Love!

Verdict: Kept! 

Tory Distressed Ankle Zip Skinny Jean by Pistola ($88)
I was so excited, yet so nervous, to receive these jeans. I was excited because I had specifically asked for them, thinking they would look great with the top (Rosana Lace Detail Peasant Top by Daniel Rainn) I received in Fix #10. I was nervous because I had never worn distressed jeans before. I styled these jeans with the top from Fix #10. Hello! Why have I not jumped on this bandwagon sooner? Not only are these super cute, they are also super comfortable. Love, again!

Verdict: Kept!

Madonna Knit Maxi Dress by Gilli ($74)
This dress is so cute! I love it! I styled it with a layering tee (to fit my personal modesty standards) and a denim jacket. I loved this dress even more after trying it on. Sadly, I just am not in need of any dresses right now. This one was hard to return, but I was tough and did so. 

Verdict: Returned

Cost breakdown, if I had kept everything:

Total: $332
Buy 5 Discount*: -$83
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Grand Total: $229

*You must purchase all 5 items to receive a 25% discount.

My cost, since I only kept 2 items: 

Total: $142
Styling Fee Credit: -$20
Grand Total: $122

What did you think? I'd seriously love to hear! Now, stay tuned. Next month marks one year with Stitch Fix! I can't belive it!

If you missed any of my previous Fixes, check them out now!

Fix #1
Fix #2
Fix #3
Fix #4
Fix #5
Fix #6
Fix #7
Fix #8
Fix #9
Fix #10

Finally...If you love reading Stitch Fix reviews as much as I do, check out A Stitch Fix Link-Up, hosted by Crazy Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment