What I've Been Reading - December 2017

Sunday, December 31, 2017
Welcome to What I've Been Reading, where I share my (quick and personal) thoughts on what I've been reading this past month. For specifics (plot summary, etc.) about each book, click on the provided links or book images.

I read a lot this month! Due to how much I read, and how busy this season is, my shared thoughts this month will be shortened quite a bit. Happy reading!

Emily Climbs and Emily's Quest by L.M. Montgomery (5 stars)


I read the first book in this series, Emily of New Moon, last month and loved it. I loved these two books equally as well. If you love Anne of Green Gables and haven't read Emily of New Moon, please do.

Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I by Hazel Gaynor (4 stars)

I love books based around war. This book was no exception.

How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry (4 stars)

This book was probably my favorite "fluffy" read this month. Based in England, it's full of quirky characters, books and heart. I recommend it.

Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa de la Cruz (2 stars)

Loved the cover. Hated the book. The names were right. That's about it. Jane Austen was nowhere to be found in this book.

Winter Street series by Elin Hilderbrand (3 stars)


Full of family drama and family love.

Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie (3 stars)

No one does it better than Agatha Christie. Not my favorite book of hers, but still good.

The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman (3 stars)

Interesting novella from one of my new favorite authors.

Peace Like a River by Leif Enger (5 stars)

One of the best books I've read this year. I can't describe it. Just read it.

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey (4.5 stars)

A story of love, loss, weakness, strength, faith, perseverance and healing. It was beautiful.

The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley (4 stars)

I really enjoyed The War That Saved My Life. The War I Finally Won is the follow up and I may have loved it even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment