2017 Runners Up

Sunday, December 31, 2017
I plan on sharing my favorite books of 2017, but before I do, I thought I would share my runners up. These are the books I loved, but just didn't quite make it onto my favorites list. These books are so, so good, but I am not sure I will still be thinking about them five, ten, or twenty years from now. Who knows though! Anyway, in no particular order, here they are. (I should note, these are books I read this year. They were not necessarily published this year. All book covers are linked.)
A little Western with big heart.
Could be called an "important" book, but really it's simply a book about families.
An intense mystery full of twists and turns.

A magical world you will get lost in.
Think Tom Hanks in Castaway, but so much better.
The prose!
A mystery set during WWI in England, but so much more.

I've always loved Anne of Green Gables. Now I also love Emily of New Moon.
England, books, food and love. What more do you need?

A story of love, loss, weakness, strength, faith, perseverance and healing and it is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment