What I've Been Reading - December 2018

Monday, December 31, 2018
Welcome to What I've Been Reading, where I share my quick and personal thoughts on what I've been reading this past month. For specifics about each book, click on the provided book images.

Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
3 stars
Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery is the third in Colgan's Little Beach Street Bakery series. I really loved the first in the series. I found it simple, sweet, quirky and fun. Unfortunately, the second and third books didn't quite live up to the first. However, I still enjoyed them and am glad to have read the entire series.

5 stars
Harry Potter needs no introduction. It has been six years since I read this series for the first time, so I felt it was time for a reread. I think I may have enjoyed this second reading more than the first. It was such a joy. I can't wait to read the rest of the series in the coming year.

Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy
5 stars
I was so excited, yet so nervous to read Marilla of Green Gables. I had nothing to worry about, however. It is wonderful. I absolutely loved it. The story McCoy weaved feels genuine and I believe would be approved my L.M. Montgomery herself. Just beautiful.

2 stars
My family recently decided to start a family book club. My husband got the honor of choosing our first book and chose The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I must admit, I laughed out loud a few times while reading it, but ultimately, it wasn't for me. I am looking forward, however, to discussing it as a family.

The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
4 stars
Colgan is quickly becoming a favorite author. Her books are simply a lot of fun and The Bookshop on the Corner is no exception. This one combined two of my favorite things -- Books and Scotland. I enjoyed it so much and would be happy if Colgan turned this one into a series.

5 stars
5 stars
I thought I would return to the rest of this series in the new year, but I couldn't wait. I am so glad I didn't. These are the perfect books to read during the Christmas season. I am enjoying them so, so much this second time through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment