Favorite Books of 2018

Monday, December 31, 2018
I am excited to share my favorite books of 2018 with you. These are the books I loved. These are the books I couldn't put down. These are the books I am still thinking about today. Let's get to them, in no particular order. (I should note, these are my favorite books I read this year. They were not necessarily published this year.)

The Book Thiefby Markus Zusak
5 stars

World War II historical fiction written from the perspective of death. It was like nothing I had read before. I loved everything about it from its unique narrator to its storyline to its writing. It was beautiful.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
5 stars

World Word II historical fiction told through letters. Though this was a reread for me, I had forgotten the story. I laughed and cried through the entire thing. I loved it. Pretty much the perfect book for me.

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
5 stars

A unique structure, an unreliable narrator, tragedy and hope. It again was like nothing I had read before. I must admit, I had to work for it, but I loved it.

Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy
5 stars
Finally, Marilla's story. It was done so, so well. I fell in love with Marilla and Matthew and Green Gables all over again. This one could have been so disappointing, but it absolutely wasn't it. I thought it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment