A few things I'm loving these days

Monday, January 15, 2018
I follow quite a few bloggers that periodically share things they are loving, things that are making them happy. I love these types of lists. Does anyone else? I love that they give me a peek into some of my favorite blogger's personal lives and I almost always find something new to love myself. So, today, I'm sharing a few things I'm loving these days.

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
I love goal setting and fresh starts, so January is always an exciting time for me. This year is no different. I've set five goals for myself this year, in the areas of reading, health, finances, home and journaling. I haven't gotten brave enough to publish all of those goals here, but maybe I will one day.

CHATBOOKS
My daughter recently ordered her first Chatbook, a book created from her photos and captions on Instagram. I fell in love with it and knew that I needed to order my own. I've already set up an account and have edited my first five books. They are being shipped as I type. I can't wait to get them in my hands and to continue ordering them as I post more on Instagram.

BLURB
I have been blogging (personally and publicly) for quite a while. I started as a way to keep in touch with my family and friends that are spread all over the country. I don't blog as often now, thanks to Instagram and Chatbooks, so I've thought about deleting my blog altogether. Yet, I can't imagine losing all of the journaling I've done over the past ten years. So, I've decided to take my blog and turn it into a book. Blurb, a company made to do such a thing, is helping me do so. I've already set up an account and have started my first book. It isn't quite as easy as Chatbooks. It's going to require quite a few more hours, but I know I am going to love the books when they are finally done and are in my hand. Once they are done, I may delete my personal blog. We will see.

MY READING JOURNAL
Last year was the first year I kept a reading journal and I loved it. It's been so fun to look back on all I read last year. I've decided to keep another reading journal this year. It is all set up and ready to go. One day I may share just what I record in my reading journal.

BOOKSTAGRAM
I joined the Bookstagram community just over a year ago and have absolutely loved it. I've met some beautiful people and have been introduced to some amazing books. I began to involve myself a bit more in the community over the past few months and hope to continue to do so in the future. It has only been good for my reading life.

No comments:

Post a Comment