2018 Reading Goals

Monday, January 1, 2018
I read 94 books in 2017. 94! I think that is amazing, but I'm also not happy with that number. There is nothing wrong with that number, but when I look over the actual books I read, I am disappointed to see so few classic books on that list, as well as so few works of nonfiction, two categories of books I love but seem to ignore when I am reading such a high quantity of books in a year. I want to read more of them both. I also want to read more from my shelves. With all of that in mind, here are my goals.

READ MORE CLASSIC LITERATURE

READ MORE NONFICTION

READ MORE FROM MY SHELVES (PHYSICAL/KINDLE/NOOK/GOODREADS)


How am I going to accomplish these goals? My plan is to choose one book for each of these three categories at the beginning of every month and then read them that month. Pretty simple. I typically read four to eight books a month, so I am hoping this leaves plenty of room every month for spontaneous reading, which I love.

Are you setting reading goals for 2018? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment