What I've Been Reading - March 2018

Saturday, March 31, 2018
Welcome to What I've Been Reading, where I share my (quick and personal) thoughts on what I've been reading this past month. For specifics (plot summary, etc.) about each book, click on the provided links or book images.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (5 stars)

I can't believe I waited so long to read this book. I loved it. The writing and storytelling were so good. I see myself rereading this one many times. 

Murder on the Orient Expressby Agatha Christie (2 stars)

I've read a handful of Agatha Christie's mysteries and have really enjoyed them, however, I didn't enjoy this one. It was simply too methodical.

Still Meby Jojo Moyes (3 stars)

I really enjoyed Me Before You and After You, but I could have done without this third installment. It was just okay.

A Wrinkle in Timeby Madeleine L'Engle (2 stars)

I somehow never read this as a child. I am glad to have finally done so, but it wasn't the right book for me. I could see its merit, but it wasn't for me.

The Anatomist's Wife (A Lady Darby Mystery)by Anna Lee Huber (4 stars)

This was such a fun read. It had everything I enjoy in a book. History, mystery and a little romance. I really liked it.  

Ashes on the Moorby Sarah M. Eden (4 stars)

Sarah M. Eden never disappoints. She continues to be one of my favorite authors. I am always guaranteed a well written, clean historical romance. This was no exception.

Stay with Meby Ayobami Adebayo (3 stars)

This was an intense read and one I will never forget. If the content hadn't of been so hard for me to digest and the characters had been more likable, I may have enjoyed it more, because the pacing was spot on. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. 

For Times of Trouble : Spiritual Solace from the Psalmsby Jeffrey R. Holland (5 stars)

I haven't spent a lot of time studying the Psalms. I loved this deeper look at them and will be returning to this book often. 

Mail Order Bride Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 16)(4 stars)

This collection of short stories was a lot of fun and just what I needed between a couple difficult reads. Clean, historical romance. 

Americanahby Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (4 stars)

There were things I loved about this one and things I wish had been different. I loved the writing and the story telling, but I wish there had been a little more balance between the two main characters stories. We get a lot of one and not a lot of the other Overall, though, a really good read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment