What I'll Be Reading This Fall

Friday, September 22, 2017
It's the first official day of Fall and I couldn't be happier. Fall is by far my favorite season, especially here in Virginia. The hot and humid days of summer are behind us. The mornings are crisp. The evenings are cool. The leaves are beginning to change color. Pumpkins and mums are making their appearances on front porches. I love it all, especially when you add books into the picture. I love reading in Fall. Night time comes a little sooner, which means I find myself curled up on the couch with a blanket and book a little sooner. It's wonderful. With the welcoming of Fall, I thought it would be fun to gather together in one place all the books I hope to read this Fall. I've divided what I'll be reading into two categories, MMD's Book Club picks and my personal picks. Bring on the books! (All book covers are linked to Amazon for more information.)



MMD'S BOOK CLUB PICKS

I belong to MMD's Book Club. I highly recommend it. Here's what we are reading this Fall.

My first Wallace Stegner. To say I'm looking forward to Crossing to Safety would be a major understatement.

I loved The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. I've heard Young Jane Young is completely different. I'm a little nervous.

I adore Anne of Green Gables, yet have somehow never read Montgomery's Emily books. I'm glad to be finally doing so.

PERSONAL PICKS

Some of the books below may look a little familiar. That's because a few of them were on my Summer reading list, but I sadly never got to them. I definitely will this Fall.

I've been feeling a little more anxious than normal lately. I'm hoping to shed some light on why and find some ways to cope.

I heard about Castel of Water over and over and over this summer. I can't wait to finally see for myself what all the fuss is about.

I meant to read this this summer, but didn't, but now looking at the cover, I think it might make for a great Fall read.

I don't know how I haven't read this book yet. It released at the end of August and I was sure I would devour it the minute it landed on my doorstep. I didn't! I think that because I know I will have to wait at least a year until Penny's next installment, I am holding out on reading Glass Houses. I don't think I can hold out much longer though.

I love Sarah M. Eden. She is by far my favorite Historical Romance author. She has two new books out, both the third books in their respective series. I can't wait to read both Love Remains and Romancing Daphne.


Such a beautiful cover. I hope Miss Whitaker Opens Her Heart can live up to it.
I'd love to hear what you are reading this Fall. Please share in the comments. Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Just started Young Jane Young, vote is still out on this one. I found two of Joshilyn Jackson's books on my shelf, Someone else's Love Story and the Girl who Stopped Swimming, so I want to jump into those. I want also to read the flight book for September, How to Read Literature Like a Professor.

    ReplyDelete